Friday, July 4, 2008

The Testimony of My New Flute

Here's one proof that the Law of Attraction really works.

I have been visualizing this thing for the longest time. I even put pictures of this as part of my "Vision Wallpapers" in my computer.

And now here it is...

My new flute! A Yamaha YFL-471:

There she is beside Clarry II's case. Fellow Yamaha instruments meet...

Here are the rest of the unboxing photos...

As you can see below, the flute has an outer case (used to be made of leather but now made of nylon, though in a more modern design)... There's an outer pocket for the cleaning rod and the wipes...


The outer case has a black wool lining (I don't know if it's real), probably to protect it from shock:


This outer case, in turn, houses an elegant leather-covered hard case that houses the flute itself:


Here's the flute, still in plastic wraps:

And here it is assembled:

And how is it, you ask? Well, it still has a breaking-in period. But it sounds fantastic, more mellow than my old YFL-221.

It's way heavier because it's solid silver. And yes, it's an advanced flute. I had trouble playing it when I removed the plugs. So I still have some practicing to do before I take these plugs out for good.

So if you'll excuse me, I still have some playing to do.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Nice instrument..Would love to hear you play some